Sunday, November 13, 2011

Harry Bennett

Title: I, Theresa, Registered Nurse
Author: Diane Frazer
Publisher: Pocket Books (#45021)
Published: June 1965
Illustrator: Harry Bennett
Review available

His signature is in the upper right-hand corner.

“You see, Greg,” she said soberly, “nobody really knows when my birthday is.” He turned around and looked into her face. “What is this, a gag? Surely your mother knows. She was there after all.” She sat up straight. “Nobody knows when I was born. I’m not really the daughter of Stewart and Alicia Winslow; they adopted me when I was a little girl. It’s rather like a Victorian novel. But it’s fact, no fiction.” “But who … but they must know who …” “No, I was found, it seems, asleep and almost frozen to death in some woods in France, near the Swiss border. The Winslows took me from a home for such war orphans in France. All they know is that I was about four when I came up to the French peasants who discovered me and said, Je suis Thérèse …”

No comments:

Post a Comment